Tuesday 4 November 2014

Weekly Update

Today I am sending home a package of work that your child has done with me over the last couple of weeks. I invite you to take some time with your child to go through it and discuss it with them. One of the sheets is a review of many of the high frequency words that we have studied so far this year. It was not a test per se, but allowed the children to see which words they would benefit from having extra practice with.

The remainder of the week will be spent at Literacy Stations- a favourite of my classes! The children will be working in small groups to complete activities including list writing, word wall word practice, independent reading, and working with me on targeted reading skills. If your child has a book that they are reading at home that they would like to use during their independent reading station, they are welcome to bring it in. Otherwise, I will have books available to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment